Three members of the Debian Perl team met in Hamburg between May 16 and May 20 2018 as part of the Mini-DebConf Hamburg to continue perl development work for Buster and to work on QA tasks across our 3500+ packages.
The participants had a good time and met other Debian friends. The sprint was productive:
- 21 bugs were filed or worked on, many uploads were accepted.
- The transition to Perl 5.28 was prepared, and versioned provides were again worked on.
- Several cleanup tasks were performed, especially around the move from Alioth to Salsa in documentation, website, and wiki.
- For src:perl, autopkgtests were enabled, and work on Versioned Provides has been resumed.
The full report was posted to the relevant Debian mailing lists.
The participants would like to thank the Mini-DebConf Hamburg organizers for providing the framework for our sprint, and all donors to the Debian project who helped to cover a large part of our expenses.
Debian Artwork: Call for Proposals for Debian 10 (Buster)Sun 17 June 2018 by Jonathan Carter with tags artwork buster cfp debian
This is the official call for artwork proposals for the Buster cycle.
For the most up to date details, please refer to the wiki.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Juliette Taka Belin for doing the Softwaves theme for stretch.
The deadlines for submissions is: 2018-09-05
The artwork is usually picked based on which themes look the most:
- ''Debian'': admittedly not the most defined concept, since everyone has their own take on what Debian means to them.
- ''plausible to integrate without patching core software'': as much as we love some of the insanely hot looking themes, some would require heavy GTK+ theming and patching GDM/GNOME.
- ''clean / well designed'': without becoming something that gets annoying to look at a year down the road. Examples of good themes include Joy, Lines and Softwaves.
If you'd like more information, please use the Debian Desktop mailing list.
Debian welcomes its GSoC 2018 and Outreachy internsWed 30 May 2018 by Laura Arjona Reina with tags announce gsoc outreachy
Here is the list of projects and the interns who will work on them:
- Saif Abdul Cassim (GSoC 2018 Android SDK tools in Debian)
- Chandramouli Rajagopalan (Packaging and Updating Android SDK Tools)
- Umang Parmar (Android SDK Tools in Debian)
Congratulations and welcome to all of them!
The Google Summer of Code and Outreachy programs are possible in Debian thanks to the efforts of Debian developers and contributors that dedicate part of their free time to mentor interns and outreach tasks.
New Debian Developers and Maintainers (March and April 2018)Wed 02 May 2018 by Jean-Pierre Giraud with tags project
The following contributors got their Debian Developer accounts in the last two months:
- Andreas Boll (aboll)
- Dominik George (natureshadow)
- Julien Puydt (jpuydt)
- Sergio Durigan Junior (sergiodj)
- Robie Basak (rbasak)
- Elena Grandi (valhalla)
- Peter Pentchev (roam)
- Samuel Henrique (samueloph)
The following contributors were added as Debian Maintainers in the last two months:
- Andy Li
- Alexandre Rossi
- David Mohammed
- Tim Lunn
- Rebecca Natalie Palmer
- Andrea Bolognani
- Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
- Gabriel F. T. Gomes
- Bjorn Anders Dolk
- Geoffroy Youri Berret
- Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
Bursary applications for DebConf18 are closing in 48 hours!Thu 12 April 2018 by Laura Arjona Reina with tags debconf18 debconf
If you intend to apply for a DebConf18 bursary and have not yet done so, please proceed as soon as possible!
Bursary applications for DebConf18 will be accepted until April 13th at 23:59 UTC. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
You can apply for a bursary when you register for the conference.
Remember that giving a talk or organising an event is considered towards your bursary; if you have a submission to make, submit it even if it is only sketched-out. You will be able to detail it later. DebCamp plans can be entered in the usual Sprints page at the Debian wiki.
Please make sure to double-check your accommodation choices (dates and venue). Details about accommodation arrangements can be found on the wiki.
See you in Hsinchu!
Page 1 / 26 »